Message from the President
Kanematsu is pushing ahead the "future 135", a six-year medium-term vision up to 2024, the 135th anniversary of our founding, and advancing into the next stage growth.
Overview of future 135
March 2019‐March 2024
- Continue to extend the strong businesses of the Kanematsu Group and achieve sustainable growth in business areas with a stable earnings base. Aim to achieve consolidated net income of 25 billion yen by pursuing the expansion of the revenue base and the enhancement of added value through effective business investments.。
- Focusing on capital efficiency based on the stability of the earnings and financial structures, setting the payout ratio (total return ratio) at 25% - 30%.
- The period will be six years from the fiscal year ending March 2019 to the fiscal year ending March 2024.
≪Quantitative targets (Final year: the fiscal year ending March)≫
|Consolidated net income||250 billion yen|
|Total return ratio||25%～30%|
- Sustainable growth in fundamental businesses and the expansion of the revenue base through business investments
- Achieve sustainable growth by maintaining a stable revenue structure.
- Carry out business investments while achieving a balance between capital and risk assets, based on the stable financial structure.
- Promote business investments in areas of strength in the two strategies focused on the "revenue base expansion" and the "value added".
- Response to technical innovation
- Promote and expand new businesses with advanced technology (IoT, AI, etc.) ("innovation investment").
- Establishment of management infrastructure for achieving sustainable growth
- Build a framework for global strategy.
- Cultivate management human resources.
- Improve employee satisfaction (ES).
*The Company will carry out individual initiatives and aim for numerical targets based on an operational plan for a single fiscal year in tune with the speed of changes in the environment surrounding the Company and intends to revisit the direction three years later at the halfway point based on the progress of business investments, etc.
＊Note on earnings forecasts Earnings forecasts and other forward-looking statements contained in this material are projections based on information available to the Company on the date of the announcement of this material and reasonable assumptions. Accordingly, please note that the actual results may differ significantly from the forward-looking statements in this material due to various factors.